By Simon Song on March 27, 2015
Three out of ten visitors to your website are malicious bots. Crazy, right? A report from Incapsula states that humans only account for 44 percent of website traffic. So what makes up the other 56 percent? Bots, mostly bad ones.
“Bad” bots are those involved in a variety of malicious activities such as taking down servers through denial service attacks, stealing data from servers, hijacking servers, spamming ads, and more. How can you defend your sites/servers against these bots? Through basic network security practices, including Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS). Here’s some information on our setup, and how to install one yourself.