- Studying Computer Science at University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Spent 3 months at Hootsuite (July – October 2016)
- Joined the Analytics Front End team in Bucharest
- Wrote a blog post on Virtual Regression Testing with Mugshot
- Connect with me on Linkedin
- Improved Analytics UI development by integrating visual regression tests
- Upgraded Mugshot testing tool.
- Upgraded Mocha-Mugshot-Reporter.
- Updated to the latest version of Mugshot
- Transitioned it to be a dedicated reporter for visual testing
- Extended it’s React components with a diff tool that reports differences in a GitHub style
- Put React-Bootstrap over it and build an interactive user interface
- Implemented a filter over passed/failed tests
- Wrote unit tests for each component using Sinon and Sinon-Chai
- Upgraded Chai-Mugshot plugin to give a more user-friendly error message
- Integrated the packages mentioned above in the product.
- Being proud of the final result
- Wrote a blog post on Step-by-Step VRT with Mugshot
My ExperienceI applied for this job because Hootsuite has the resources to enhance the skills of any intern.
Talented engineers provided excellent guidance with challenging tasks that improved my knowledge. Everyone jumped in to help when I asked and they granted me access to any piece of code I needed.
The non-corporate offices, team-building events and meetups made up a cozy environment to work in. And let’s not forget about the Bucharest office tradition: Friday pancakes.
Goodbye Hootsuite! Every adventure requires a first step and I’m thrilled you were my first step in becoming an engineer.