- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2017)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (May – September 2016)
- Joined our Engagement team
- Connect with Aditi on LinkedIn
- Worked on implementing filtering for Assignments
- Built the share message modal in React for Facebook streams
- Wrote code to monitor and mitigate Facebook API errors
- Worked on migrating Twitter relationship functionalities to the new Streams page
- Contributed to the Nest, an internal shared library for UI components built in React
- Wrote a blog post about the benefits of using Enzyme as a testing framework
My ExperienceWhen I started my co-op term at Hootsuite, I was concerned that I would be assigned “intern” projects or be asked to work on unimportant tickets. Instead, I was treated like a full member of the team and part of all technical discussions and decisions. I had the opportunity to work on interesting new features that are used by thousands of users. The work I did was important to the company and very impactful.
Prior to working at Hootsuite, I had very little experience with front-end web development. Consequently I had to spend time learning new frameworks and technologies. Fortunately, my team was very supportive and always encouraged me to ask questions and pair with a senior developer on complex tasks. It was great learning from talented developers, not just specifics about programming, but how to think about and solve challenging problems.
I particularly liked the innovative culture at Hootsuite and appreciated the opportunity to learn about various aspects of technology through lunch and learns, lightning talks, and technical guilds. Hootsuite also has a very fun, relaxed work environment, which made it an incredible place to spend four months!