- Studying Computer Science at the University of Waterloo
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2017)
- Joined the Engage Team as a Front-end Developer
- Worked with Josh Gildart, Lisa Thai, Rafael Jacinto, Ken Ho, James Hunter, and Ike Lee
- Technologies used: React, Redux, SASS, Scala, GraphQL
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Heavily contributed to the front-end development of a new Hootsuite product and part of the team that implemented message media
- Implemented Scala ingestion processors to consume media from Facebook private messages
- Built front-end for Real-Time Revenue Visualization HootHack project
- Wrote Blogpost on Styled Components
My ExperienceWorking as a co-op at Hootsuite has been nothing short of amazing. Having loved working in startup environments, I wanted to apply to a larger company that fostered the same startup culture. Hootsuite was able to do just that. From week one, I knew I would enjoy my time here. You are surrounded by developers with a wealth of knowledge who are willing to set aside time to answer any questions you might have. The support I received from my team was amazing and they were always making sure I completely understood the concepts we were using in our projects. The passion for the quality of product put out was unrivaled compared with my previous co-ops, and this pushed me to improve in both my technical and non-technical skill sets.
I was able to work on a brand new Hootsuite product and it was a great experience being able to see how a large company transitioned from bare-bones infrastructure into a beta product. Having joined primarily for front-end development, I was still given every opportunity to pick up back-end tickets if I was keen enough to do so. Special thanks to my team for a co-op term filled with fun, learning, and a lifetime of experiences!