- Studying Interaction Design at Simon Fraser University
- Spent a four month Co-op term at Hootsuite for Summer 2017
- Joined the Product Design team and worked alongside the Mobile, User Research, Publishing, Plan & Create, and the Hatch team
- Worked with Guillaume D’Arabian, Madison Poon, Noel Heaney, Timothy Kolke, and more!
- Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or connect with me on LinkedIn
- Collaborated with the Publishing team to design link previews for Mobile
- Collaborated with the Campaigns team to design campaigns and link settings for Mobile
- Conducted a user research study to help build a Mobile layer to Hootsuite’s personas
- Worked on Random Coffee for both Hoothack 2017 and Hatch–an incubator program at Hootsuite
- Published a blog post on Designing in Phases
- Performed My Heart Will Go On by Céline Dion at karaoke
My ExperienceI first came to Hootsuite looking to get a taste of the tech industry. After spending 4 wholesome months at Hootsuite as a UX Design Co-op, I have been fortunate enough to not only grow my skillset as a designer, but also as a teammate and a leader. Hootsuite’s philosophy of leading with humility and working out loud helped provide me with an environment where I felt safe to pursue different opportunities.
Even though I was just a co-op, there was an endless amount of projects that I was able to have full ownership over. This creative freedom and level of responsibility was a rewarding learning experience, mainly thanks to the amount of mentorship I was able to receive along the way. By working alongside ux designers, user researchers, developers, and product managers, I’ve gotten to see my designs being developed and learn the process and what it takes to ship a product.