- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2018)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (September 2015 – April 2016)
- Joined our Platform and Build & Deploy teams
- Worked with Scala, Play, PHP
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Implemented internal REST API endpoints that help unify our interactions with social media websites
- Created an internal Scala SDK for one of our microservices
- Helped improve our Github Enterprise pages by using the Github API to update our pull requests with the build status
- Wrote integration and unit tests to ensure code quality
The team I was part of at Hootsuite immediately treated me as an equal and got me working on the same thing they were, and letting me choose which tasks I would attempt, as well as inviting me to all the team events and answering my never ending flow of questions (including a lot of really silly ones) without ever brushing them off or making me feel bad in any way for not knowing. To make it all even better, the team I was in wasn’t the only group of people I interacted with: Hootsuite has many coops and we’re constantly talking to each other about what we we’re doing as well as participating in events outside of Hootsuite as a group.
So far my time at Hootsuite has been great, and I look forward to 4 more months with them.
Like what you see?
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.