- Studying Physics and Computer Science at the University of British Columbia
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (May – August 2016)
- Joined the Publisher Campaigns team
- Worked with React, jQuery, and PHP
- Follow @bananyaz on Instagram
- Connect with Anya on LinkedIn
- Wrote a blog post titled The Black Hole in the Source Code.
My ExperienceAs an East Van local, I had definitely heard a lot about Hootsuite’s reputation in Canadian tech. I thought it was really cool to have the opportunity to work for a big tech company with headquarters within walking distance of my house. I came to Hootsuite because I wanted to try something different from my last co-op terms: I was interested in working for a larger company, and getting a taste of full stack web dev. And despite the fact that Hootsuite is around 30 times bigger than any company I’ve worked for before, it was just as friendly and welcoming.