- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2018)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (September 2015 – April 2016)
- Joined our iOS QA team (September – December) and our iOS Dev team (January – April)
- Worked with Calabash, Cucumber frameworks, Swift, Objective C
Her Key Contributions
- Tested migrating users to sync on iOS applications
- Updated Cucumber scripts to run on all devices rather than having one script per device
- Created scripts to test features such as auto refresh
- Performed manual regression tests to prepare for iOS 9 launch
- Reconfigured the Calabash framework in the iOS application to be a scheme rather than a target
- Published a blog post about Mobile QA at Hootsuite
- Contributed to iOS Publisher by configuring approvals and editing/deletion of messages
- Assisted in Hootsuite YouTube integration
Hootsuite was my first technical job and although I don’t have anything to compare it to, I know it will be a hard experience to beat. I enjoyed every second here whether it was from the amazing culture, the passionate people I worked with or the work I was doing.Like what you see?
My first thoughts about being a QA on the mobile team was that I wouldn’t have a huge impact on the product and team. Boy, was I wrong. I felt like I was part of the team from Day 1 and everyone valued my opinion and input. I learned so many things about why testing is crucial to software development and best practices for testing.
After working for four months as a QA, I knew the app pretty well, which proved incredibly valuable when I started as a developer on the iOS team. I knew which classes related to one another, or I could think of edge cases that other people didn’t. I loved that my opinions were always taken into account on how some things could be done. I became the go-to person for things related to iOS Publisher which made me feel so special and even more a part of the team than I was before.
Before working here, I had heard that Hootsuite culture was something special. That is probably the biggest understatement ever. Everyone here is so passionate about what they work on and it is completely infectious. I can’t even put the social environment here into words, just work here and you’ll understand.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.