- Studying Computer Science at the University of Waterloo (2018)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (May – August 2015)
- Joined our Publishing team
- Worked with @ChanDavid, Adrian DeLisle, and @brandonokert
- Follow me @_djhopper on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Developed features and fixed bugs on Hootsuite’s publishing module and compose area
- Became the lead developer on the Hootlet Chrome extension
- Implemented a new link preview for both the Hootlet and Dashboard
- Contributed to the early development of a yet-to-be-released publishing feature, working on rebuilding modules from the ground-up.
My ExperienceStarting out at Hootsuite was a very intimidating experience at first. Coming from my old co-op job where there were only ~30 people, I could safely say I knew everyone’s name by the first or second week. Needless to say, it wasn’t the same here. However, there was something different about the first few weeks at Hootsuite. Even though the numbers were higher, the space was bigger, and everything seemed a little overwhelming – I still felt like a part of the team. The culture here is so fun and welcoming, and is definitely nothing like what I’ve experienced before… In the best way possible.
The work I got to do was both exciting and challenging. Working on a product used by millions and making it better (even just a little bit) gave me a feeling of accomplishment I can’t quite put into words. I’ve had the amazing opportunity of working with some intelligent, passionate, and humble people here. I’ll never forget the friends I made and the lessons that I learned.
Thanks Hootsuite. It’s been rad.