- Studying Software Engineering at the University of Waterloo (2019)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (January – April 2016)
- Joined our Engagement Team
Her Key Contributions
- Worked on the migration of Streams to a React and Flux based architecture
- Contributed to the Nest, an internal shared library for UI components built in React
- Worked on bringing YouTube to Hootsuite Streams
- Wrote a blog post about designing application state for functional frontends
Working at Hootsuite has been an immensely exciting and rewarding experience. Besides being generally knowledgeable, the devs at Hootsuite truly care about their product and possess this infectious drive to do better. As I spent more time alongside these high-achievers, I got into a useful habit of carefully evaluating the way I was approaching a given problem and striving to leave the code in a better state than before. That’s what happens when you’re surrounded by engineers and management keen to “build a better way”.Like what you see?
Team spirit was another highlight of my work term at Hootsuite. From day one, I was treated like any other full-timer. Of course, that also meant I was expected to make real contributions and solve real problems – which was challenging at first. Luckily, my teammates were always willing to lend a helping hand and I was eventually able to find my groove.
I feel seriously lucky to have spent my co-op building a cool product with such intelligent, approachable, and generous people. Thank you Hootsuite!
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.