- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (April 2016)
- Spent 4 months on the Publishing team at Hootsuite (September – December 2015)
- Worked with Scala, Akka, Play, PHP
- Follow @dordogh on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
Her Key Contributions
- Eliminated invalid tweet errors in our Webfeed micro service
- Worked on detection of invalid tweets in scheduled messages
- Implemented limited permissions for message approvals
- Implemented an automatic and on-demand migration of user mentions to a richer model
- Enhanced internal system events that are generated by publishing
- Published a blog post about the importance of diversity in tech
Hootsuite is an amazing place to learn! There was a huge emphasis on developing my skills so that I could be the best developer I can be. They really cared about investing the time to help me improve, rather than just looking for completed work. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to learn how to be better.Like what you see?
Hootsuite also allowed me to take the time off to attend the Grace Hopper Conference, and then gave me the opportunity to bring my vision of running an Hour of Code for 12-15 year-olds to fruition. With Kimli’s help, we managed to host 25 kids for the first-ever Hootsuite Hour of Code event! It was a ton of fun, we were all blown away by the people who attended.
Also, the company culture follows the values so closely, it’s so different from anything I’ve ever experienced.
- Passion in all we do – There are guilds and workshops for EVERYTHING! There are lightning talks where passionate people talk about things they are interested in that inspires others to be passionate. It’s like no other!
- Leading with humility – No one here goes about tooting their own horns saying they are the best developer in town. Everyone around is incredibly smart and willing to help in any way possible. It really creates an atmosphere of inclusion!
- Respect the individual – Your input really matters at Hootsuite. If you want to do something to create change within Hootsuite, people here will listen to what you want to do, and assist you in creating that change.
- Building a better way – Building software here isn’t just about getting it done and shipped, it’s about building software that will last and improving on what we already have.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.