- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2019)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (January – August 2017)
- Worked with Go, SQL, and AWS
- Connect with me on GitHub or LinkedIn
- Worked on developing and designing a metrics collection/monitoring service for all pipelines
- Helped creating the infrastructure from the ground up for an acquisition’s product using AWS
- Wrote a blog post about monitoring Jenkins pipelines
My ExperienceGoing into my first co-op, I really wasn’t sure what to expect. How would I adapt to the work environment and new technology stack? These questions were answered quicker than I anticipated as I was already pushing to production and creating a new microservice on my first week. I was able to learn in the best way possible in my opinion – by actually doing something, with the help and guidance of my coworkers.
Through the company advocacy for “Working Out Loud”, I was given the opportunity to get exposure to many exciting technologies as well as interesting ideas. The amount of opportunities to share and absorb knowledge and experiences is so wide – there are weekly all-dev demos, team demos, lightning talks, technical talks, and more.
I’m absolutely thankful for having the opportunity to work here alongside with a group of talented and passionate people. I really enjoyed my time here and everything it had to offer, both from a technical stance and a social stance.