- Studying Software Engineering at the University of Waterloo (2019)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2016)
- Worked with @lkysow,@anubhavm, @markeijsermans, @mikesample
- Worked with Docker, Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes, Python, Go, and Scala
His Key Contributions
- Refined build and deploy pipelines using Bash and Python
- Researched and experimented with Proof-of-Concept Kubernetes clusters
- Migrated deployment pipelines across container schedulers from Marathon to Kubernetes
- Conducted performance tests to diagnose overlay network outlier latencies
- Wrote a blog post comparing and contrasting different container orchestration platforms
In His WordsI’ve never seen anywhere that cares about its co-ops as much as Hootsuite does. The company has supported my growth from the very beginning, when I was placed on a team whose roles matched perfectly with the interests listed on my resume. Everyone was also paired up with an awesome mentor who helped us get up to speed. I was given challenging, meaningful tasks that defied limits of both my contributions to Hootsuite and my personal growth. I woke up excited for work everyday, and it was enlightening to see a software company through a devops’ perspective.
Hootsuite also has an unprecedented work-life balance among all my experiences. From social Fridays, to the anniversary concert, to an amazingly organized Christmas retreat, there is no shortage of a social life. The interns also became a close group of friends, having lunch together daily, and even planning weekend outings.