- Studying Computer Science at UBC (2016)
- Spent 12 months at Hootsuite (September 2014 – August 2015)
- Joined our Mobile Web team
- Worked with @adam_arsenault, @dgolovan, @martinjung03, @larsvedo
- Follow me @jacobtwlee on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Created a photo uploader to allow users to send and schedule photos in their messages via mobile web
- Published a blog post about mobile photo uploads with HTML5
- Added support for video playback in streams on mobile web
- Created and updated many of Hootsuite’s engagement API endpoints
- Implemented the redesigned mobile billing page
My ExperienceWorking at Hootsuite has been such an amazing experience. Everything about it, from the work, to the culture, to the people has made me love coming to work everyday. The work environment is incredibly fun and supportive, which is a reflection of all the friendly and talented individuals I have had the pleasure of working with.
The work is complex and challenging, yet fun and rewarding. One of the best parts of working at Hootsuite is the trust and responsibility that is given to you. You really are part of the team, and have the opportunity to make significant contributions to a product that is used by millions of people around the world. With the help of my wonderful peers, I was able to start working on real projects and issues right from day one.
My time at Hootsuite has been filled with nothing but positive experiences. It is an amazing place to grow both your technical and non-technical skill set, while having an absolute blast in the process.