- Studying Computer Science at the University of Waterloo (2017)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2015)
- Joined our Platform team
- Worked with Scala and Node.js
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Built a React front end for a Google Drive Viewer app to integrate with the new Content SDK
- Helped build out Hootsuite’s first ever API offering
- Ran events for Co-ops outside of work including climbing the Grouse Grind and the Squamish Chief
- Published a blog post about his first week of onboarding
From day one, I felt like a member of my team. We got along, liked similar things, and we’re all passionate about technology and the difference it can make in people’s lives.Like what you see?
Throughout my term I was thrown into a few really interesting projects head first. This forced me to quickly learn and contribute – my team knew this was the kick I needed to have a great term. Although I had a great team, I was also close with all the other coops during my 4 month stay. We ate nearly all of our lunches together, and on weekends went on many a trip and visited many an attraction.
The culture is the first thing I noticed at Hootsuite – amazing people working hard to build amazing software – and it’s also going to be the first thing I miss!
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.