- Studying Computer Science at the University of Waterloo
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2017)
- Joined the Self-Serve team as a Full-Stack Developer
- Worked with Thomas Choo, Kitty Tang, Anatoly Kudrevatykh, Andrew Gormley, Rachel Cheng, and Muhammad Dewji
- Technologies used: Scala, React, Ansible, PHP, MySQL
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Heavily contributed to the back-end development of the Hootsuite billing service
- Contributed to integration test suite to ensure existing behaviour of billing service
- Built unified social profile generator HootHack project
- Wrote Blogpost on how a billing system works
My ExperienceWorking as a co-op at Hootsuite has been really awesome. I hadn’t really had much previous experience with back-end development so I was a bit nervous going into the term. My team was super supportive and ready to teach me all of the necessary skills to succeed in my position. They all came from different backgrounds which allowed me to aggregate a wealth of knowledge. Not only did I grow technically as a developer, but I also grew my non-technical skills by participating in meetings with stakeholders on the project I was working on.
I enjoyed learning about billing and how complicated it can actually be. I am always up for a challenge and working on the billing team provided just that. Although I was primarily a back-end developer, I also picked up some critical front-end skills that I can carry with me into my next co-op and into the future. Huge shout-out to my team and specifically my mentor Anatoly for making this co-op term so enjoyable and fun filled!