- Studying Software Engineering at University of Waterloo (2017)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (May – Aug 2015, Sept – Dec 2016)
- Joined our Internal Tools team
- Worked with @carichardson, @shanedasilva87, @JonJeffery, Cong, Shelby, Ken…
- Connect with me on Linkedin
- Involved in work required to add Instagram to Hootsuite
- Fixed major security vulnerability with regards to publishing on all the main social networks
- Improved onboarding flow and management of users for enterprise level organizations
- Helped come up with and plan improvements to new feature dark launching service
- Worked on implementing portions of the new Tag Service in React
- Modified social network transfer flow to encourage adding social networks and improve the user experience
- Owned the frontend portion of adding the ability to set embargo dates on assets in the content library
- Fixed bugs related to key internal features and the dashboard
- Published a blog post on Lessons Learned about Design by a Developer
My ExperienceThere’s a reason I decided to come back for a second internship with Hootsuite. From my very first week to my last, I’ve had the opportunity to work with amazing people in a great environment, own significant portions of key company projects, and ample chances to learn and challenge myself.
The great onboarding program here allowed me to dive right into the code in my first week. I had the opportunity to work on a new team of developers tasked with improving the internal tools available to other employees as well as helping out other teams with more customer facing work. Working on a small team allowed me to learn about and do both frontend design and backend architecture. I was able to own key features and develop them from start to finish, and demo some of them in front of the entire Product Engineering team.
The extremely social and positive culture makes work that much more enjoyable, and really went a long way towards me feeling comfortable at the office. I had the opportunity to partake in numerous social outings with the company, all of which lead to awesome memories and new friendships. Hootsuite has given me the opportunity to make meaningful connections and experience how software development should be done.