- Studying Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Waterloo
- Spent 3 months at Hootsuite (May 2017 – August 2017)
- Joined our Platform team, moved to the Services and Tools team
- Worked with Alexander Wybo, Michael Chua, Jim Riecken, Isha, Steve Cullingworth
- Follow me @joshsayavong on Instagram or @joshsayavong on Github
- Connect with me on Linkedin
- Helped with development of Publishing API’s Live Send feature
- Involved with the implementation of OAuth2 flow for external Media Library applications
- Implemented enhancements in an encryption service to provide further traceability
- Provided feature enhancements and bug fixes for the internal Hootsuite admin tool
- Developed and deployed an internal Hootsuite Encyclopedia web application with Slack integration used to search for Hootsuite-specific terms
My ExperienceAs a Torontonian, I flew across the country 3 months ago to work at Hootsuite as a Software Developer Co-op. I would have never thought that I would enjoy my time here as much as I do now.
I am amazed with the amount of confidence and trust that Hootsuite provides co-op students. As co-op students, we are given the same level of responsibility as a full-time employee, giving us a sense of ownership over the products that we work on.
I am blessed to have met all of the charismatic individuals here at Hootsuite. Hootsuite’s work-out-loud philosophy can definitely be seen when you interact with the employees.
I am grateful to have been surrounded by so many talented people. Mentorship has always been a key factor in determining whether or not I have had a successful co-op, and Hootsuite did not disappoint. The wealth of information in the Hootsuite developers is invaluable, and I am happy to come out of Hootsuite with relevant experience.
Working at Hootsuite was an unforgettable experience and I have come out enriched with new experiences and connections. Hootsuite has a very unique culture which allows for any co-op to be set up for success in the future.