- Studying Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (May – August 2017)
- Languages I worked with: Scala, Python, Java and PHP
- Technologies I worked with: Docker, Ansible, Deis/Kubernetes, Play, Flask and Redis
- Connect with me on LinkedIn or GitHub
- Integrated a new full-stack invoicing and dunning flow into the existing billing infrastructure
- Enhanced various components of the billing service to handle a new billing platform
- Dockerized the billing service
- Fully built and deployed Hootbot, Hootsuite’s Facebook Messenger Chatbot
- Danced for an unknown amount of hours at HootCamp
My ExperienceIf I could sum up my experience at Hootsuite in one word, it would be empowerment. In so many ways, Hootsuite empowered me to become a better developer and a better employee every single day.
Whether it was through immediately being given the ability to contribute to my team’s goals with as much responsibility as any other team member, always receiving valuable constructive feedback about my contributions, or being given the opportunity to build, deploy and maintain a considerably large, customer-facing project, even though I had no prior experience in the domain, Hootsuite constantly helped me push the boundaries of what I thought I was capable of.
Through the entirety of my co-op term, it’s become very clear that Hootsuite strives to help their employees be the absolute best they can be, and puts an admirable amount of effort into continuously improving their process and ensuring everyone truly sees the value in what they’re building.
This co-op has given me the opportunity to meet so many talented, kind, incredible people, work with a ton of exciting new technologies, and of course explore the extremely beautiful province of BC, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Thanks for an unforgettable experience, Hootsuite.