- B.Com Candidate studying in Business and Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2018)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (January – August 2016)
- Joined the Data Lab team
- Worked with Scala utilizing the Akka frameworks, interacting with AWS technologies
- Worked with @ElThue and @ypodeswa
- Follow me on Github
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Collaborated with Hootsuite’s Data Lab team to create a data pipeline for aggregating, cleaning and unifying Hootsuite’s various data streams
- Assisted in migration towards a new Scala-based microservice responsible for performing ETLs user activity statistics
- Added new marketing metrics for member and organization stream-usage
- Ensured continued data quality during Hootsuite’s plan restructuring
Like what you see?
I started school hoping to explore the converging worlds of finance and economics and the technological revolution which is transforming it, and began to realize a pattern. In a sector where information is priceless, big data is supplying large profits to those able to able to gain insights from the organized chaos. Intrigued, and yearning to learn more, I joined Hootsuite to learn how technology companies turn data into information, and the trends to look out for in this fast–moving field.
On my first day at Hootsuite, I was thrown immediately into a new initiative to provide data for a new analytical platform being rolled out to project managers and analysts. I was lucky enough to experience the entire lifecycle of the project, and contribute to all facets of the pipeline. Throughout this initiative, I have gained an understanding and appreciation for the dangers and nuances in data–related infrastructure design, and peeked under the veil covering the black–box of big data–processing and analytics.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.