- Studying Electrical Engineering and the University of Waterloo (2019)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2016)
- Joined our QA Automation team
- Worked with Jessie Ye, Gabriel Sagula, Shane Gearon, Simone Payne
- Connect with me on Linkedin
- Refactored core internal node modules for performing HTTP requests and account locking
- Wrote and maintained smoke tests for the Hootsuite dashboard
- Helped design the UI for our test list management system
- Designed and implemented software to grab metrics for our test suite
- Published a blog post about account setup for end-to-end testing
My ExperienceWorking at Hootsuite was a blast. The people are great, and the work is too. I never imagined I would do and learn so much in just 4 months here. Everyone here is encouraged to become the best they can be, and they most definitely give you the opportunities to do so.
I’ve worked on developing a testing framework for our external API testing to designing the front-end for some of our newest projects. In my time here as a co-op, I’ve worked on so many things in so many different areas, truly allowing me to expand my horizons and see what fits me the best.
The environment here is amazing too. Everyone here is very welcoming and friendly, and loves to have fun. There’s great perks too, like free beer after work on Fridays, a music room, and a large, open, colourful workplace. Coming into work every morning feels great, and I look forward to it every day.
And they let people bring their dogs to work. That’s so cool.