- Studied Physics and CompSci at UBC (2015)
- 8-month term at Hootsuite (January – August 2014)
- Joined our iOS team
- Worked on Objective-C and Swift
- Wrote about Life as Hootsuite Co-op
- Worked with @AsceticMonk, @devonstweets, ArtGoryaev
- Follow me @leogtm on Twitter
- Connect with Leo on LinkedIn
- Now working full-time on our iOS team
- Launching new features such as the updated compose window, profile picker, and image viewer
- Aided in bug fixes, refactoring, and writing automated tests
- Worked on the Hootsuite app that was featured in the iOS App Store
- Published a blog post on Life as a Hootsuite Co-op
My ExperienceHootsuite was the perfect co-op job for me. I was able to hone my skills in iOS development in a fast-paced environment, and have my contributions directly affect hundreds of thousands of people. I was treated as a fully-fledged member of the mobile team, and I received generous support from my coworkers and managers.
When I first arrived, I was concerned that my relative lack of experience with mobile development would hinder me, but I was given the tools I needed to ramp up quickly. There was a lot of work involved, but the projects with which I was tasked were both engaging and sufficiently challenging.
In the eight months I spent at Hootsuite, I was able to make lasting connections with industry professionals, to affect significant change in the app, and to grow significantly as an iOS engineer. I’m very thankful I had the opportunity to work at Hootsuite, and I’d be happy to return in the future.