- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2018)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (January – August 2016)
- Joined our Publishing team
- Worked with Android, Java, RxJava, Dagger
Her Key Contributions
- Contributed to polishing and launch of Mentions on Hootsuite Android
- Implemented video thumbnail and metadata editing for uploading videos to Facebook
- Helped add Twitter and Instagram video publishing capabilities to Android app
- Wote blog post on image loading libraries for Android
I wasn’t planning on applying to Hootsuite. You know, first job application due, first co-op term — the deadline was tight and getting an interview felt like a reach. Given how things have turned out though, I’m glad I did and I’d encourage anyone hesitant of applying to Hootsuite’s co-op program to give it a go.Like what you see?
With only academic experience under my belt, my one goal heading in was to gain exposure to practices and technologies used in industry. Everyone here at Hootsuite has been incredibly encouraging of that and patient with the learning process, for which I’m very grateful. As a member of the Publishing team, I’ve been provided the opportunity to delve into a number of platforms, so that by the end of my eight months here, I will have had a chance to work not just on Android, but with the web services team as well. Oh, and I’ll be pretty skilled at foosball, too.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.