- Studying Math and Computer Science at Simon Fraser University (2017)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (January – April 2016)
- Joined the Datalab Team
- Worked with SQL, Python, Tableau
- Follow @teohmathew on Twitter or Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Created dashboards that track key business intelligence metrics
- Contributed to Hootsuite’s Python data pipeline
- Wrote a blog post about how Hootsuite help him understand his interests
My ExperienceJoining one of Canada’s fastest growing startups has been an exciting experience. Having worked for a large software corporation in the past, I wondered what it would be like to work a smaller company. I was always fascinated by working with teams that support innovation, and Hootsuite gave me that opportunity.
At Hootsuite, I found the chance to explore areas of work that I was passionate about. I extracted data from our many sources and combined them to create dashboards which other product managers would use to make important decisions. I also had the chance to fix and contribute to our data pipeline.
Employees at Hootsuite are passionate about the work they do. They place a lot of trust in their co-ops, since I was able to push things to production within the first two weeks. Combine that with teammates who are always willing to help me out, and we have an co-op experience that I am thankful to have.