- Studying Computer Science at the University of Waterloo (2018)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2015)
- Joined our Engagement team
- Follow @moaazsidat on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- Worked on the migration of Streams to a React and Flux-based architecture
- Contributed to the PHP backend to add additional features to the product
- Published a blog post about Super-charging React with ImmutableJS
- Helped organized Hootsuite’s first Hackathon
Joining one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing startups was indeed an exhilarating experience. Having worked with a smaller startup before, I was looking for an opportunity to work at a startup that had scaled to a much larger size, and still maintained a high pace of innovation. Hootsuite gave me that opportunity.Like what you see?
At Hootsuite, I worked with the Engagement team, in the areas that I’m most passionate about. I worked on restructuring parts of our front-end from a jQuery and Backbone based architecture to a React and Flux based one. I also got the chance to work on our PHP back-end, adding support for new features as demanded by our growing product.
At Hootsuite, co-workers share in on your passions and drive for learning, they’re ready to trust you with more and more responsibility, and at the same time, are always ready to provide a helping hand if you need one. Working at Hootsuite was truly a fun experience, one that I’m really thankful for.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.