- Studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia (2019)
- Spent 4 awesome months at Hootsuite (September 2017 – December 2017)
- Joined the Strategic Integrations Team and worked with Scala, Akka, Play, and Redis
- Worked with Mike White, Adam Arsenault, Steve Song, Hai Hoang, Michael Wagler, Andrew Gormley
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Worked on the universal polling system, a distributed microservice for polling social channels
- Implemented new features including recursive API calls to social networks, a logging actor, and error handling when communicating with Redis and Amazon SQS
- Coded consumption and production of events to the Kafka event bus
- Wrote unit tests for new features with Mockito and created performance and error logging boards in Sumo Logic
- Helped create an internal metrics app during the Hootsuite Hackathon
My ExperienceI had an amazing time working at Hootsuite. Everyone was extremely helpful and welcoming. I loved the project I got to work on and felt like I was making an important contribution to the company. I learned so much about how a modern tech company runs and was extremely impressed the caliber of people working here. Hootsuite gave me the chance to really develop my technical and communication skills by constantly challenging me and providing guidance when I was stuck.
Apart from the excellent technical work that goes on, Hootsuite has an awesome work culture. I had the chance to meet many great people outside of my team through social Fridays, random coffee, and board games after work. And there are dogs! 🐶
I want to thank Hai, Adam, Steve, Mike, the Strategic Integrations team and of the other co-ops for making this such a memorable experience.