- Studying Computer Science at the University of Waterloo
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2017)
- Joined the Plan and Create as a Full-Stack Developer
- Worked with Laurenzo Storelli, Harsh Dawar, Diego Alvarez
- Technologies used: React, Flummox, Scala, LESS, Jasmine, Enzyme, Jest
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Implemented new social network profile selection flow for message composition
- Worked extensively with team to refine and maintain web analytics tracking for posts (that supports dynamic parameterization and multi-concatenation)
- Heavily contributed to enhancements and bug fixes for New Compose and the front-end publishing pipeline
- Built front-end for Vizceral-Voltron HootHack project
- Wrote a blogpost on Enhancing UTM Parameter Tracking
- Drank countless ciders at social friday
My ExperienceIt’s hard to sum up what’s probably one of the best co-op terms I’ve had in just a few short sentences. I’ve had an amazing experience here working with an amazing team, a dedicated mentor, and interesting projects. Being a part of a bona fide software company and major player in tech has allowed me to improve my skills and knowledge tremendously, as there is such a huge concentration of talented developers, designers, and leaders here.
One of my favourite things about Hootsuite is the awesome work-life balance and office culture; work is challenging and stimulating, but at the same time we have ample opportunities to hang out as a team at social fridays, team events, and HootHoliday. I’ll be sad to leave Hootsuite and the people I’ve met, but I’m also happy that I’ve had the opportunity to grow and develop my abilities as a software engineer, making many friends along the way.