- Studying Computer Science at UBC (2016)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (September 2014 – April 2015)
- Joined our CoreUX team
- Worked with @catherinettt, @carichardson, @MackMarshallVan, @Feld0, @madeofpixels_ca, @lhtdesignde
- Follow me @renniehaylock on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Helped upgrade our codebase from Facebook Graph API v1.0 to v2.2
- Refactored code for our analytics modules to make them testable
- Resolved multiple bugs for our analytics modules
- Fixed tracking and reporting in Hootsuites’ affiliate partners system
- Implemented a new product pricing test into billing system
- Wrote a blog post on lessons learned while at Hootsuite
My work experience at Hootsuite has been like no other I’ve had before. From day one, everyone has been extremely helpful and inviting. The onboarding program was great for learning the process of deploying code, to the point of being able to deploy to production on day one. A few weeks later, I was pushing out relevant fixes to our codebase and working on the same projects as the rest of my team.
The best part of Hootsuite is all the talented people I got to work with, which include some of the best people in the industry. The passion in all of my coworkers is evident – from addressing small bugs, to huge feature projects, everyone cares about the quality of their work.
Overall the experience has been amazing, I learned a ton, had a lot of fun, and was lucky enough to make a bunch of friends in the process; would recommend it to anyone.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.