- Studying Computer Science with a minor in Commerce at UBC (2015)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2014)
- Joined our Publishing team
- Teammates include @chandavid and @k_britton
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Implemented new save draft and templates workflow for the message box
- Cleaned and removed old code for templates and worked with the team to implement the new version
- Added paywall functionality to restrict access to content library and supported different types of hierarchical access
- Implemented the tag and search UI for assets in the content library
Hootsuite is a company that has always interested me; a successful startup that is one of the leaders of Vancouver’s tech scene. In addition, I heard a great variety of positive comments about the co-op experience here; as a result, when I got the opportunity of working here I definitely didn’t think twice.Like what you see?
The work environment at Hootsuite encourages interaction and communication among its employees. Offices are cabin themed, there are no divisions between desks, and there is a variety of ambients: nap room, gym, yoga room, lodge lounge, silent room and even a band practice room. During my time at Hootsuite, I improved my technical skills but also had fun. I went to the gym before work, played in a band (I even got the chance to play live in one of the company events), moved my computer around to work in different places and took some of the fitness classes available to all employees.
As a co-op at Hootsuite, you are treated as any other junior software developer; as a result, you are given complex tasks and have the opportunity of having an impact on the Hootsuite user base. Development here is continuous, so any approved change directly goes to the production. I was part of the publisher front-end team, we were assigned to completely revamp templates and improve the content library feature for a corporate client. This was exciting because I had never been given the opportunity of have such an impact in my past three co-op terms.
Hootsuite is an amazing place to work, have fun and learn. If you are passionate about technology, willing to learn, love challenges, want to work in a fast-paced, enriching environment and have fun, then Hootsuite is the place for you. I definitely loved my time here.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.