- Studying Software Engineering at the University of Waterloo
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (September – December 2017)
- Joined the Core Mobile team as an Android Developer
- Languages I worked with: Java, Kotlin
- Technologies I worked with: RxJava, Retrofit, Dagger
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Helped integrate LinkedIn streams in the app
- Worked on various internal libraries used by the main Android app
- Aided in bug fixes and refactoring
- Wrote a blog post about Kotlin for Android Development
- Petted all the dogs
My ExperienceHootsuite offers one of the best co-op experiences for any student. It is a large organization that operates in a startup-like fashion, thus offering the best of both worlds.
At Hootsuite, you are treated like a full time member right from the start. I got to push code to production in the first week itself. I learnt how to navigate a large code base and wrote code that’ll be used by thousands of Hootsuite app users.
Hootsuite has a fantastic company culture, and I’ve had the amazing opportunity of meeting a lot of friendly, smart and humble people at Hootsuite. I have really enjoyed my time here at Hootsuite and would highly recommend it to any co-op.