- Studied Software Systems Engineering at the University of Regina (April 2014)
- Spent 4 months at Hootsuite (January – May 2015)
- Joined our Mobile team as iOS Software Engineer
- Worked with Obj-C and Swift
- Follow me @taylor_14 on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Now working full-time on our iOS team
- Fixed bugs and issues in the Hootsuite iOS app
- Added new Facebook streams to the app
- Worked on the new Notification Centre
- Published a blog post about our Swift Guild
My time at Hootsuite has been one of the most surreal experiences of my life. I have never been a part of a company that truly brings out the best in each of their employees. Every person here seems to genuinely care about the tasks they are given, and it shows in their overall quality of work. I first learned about Hootsuite about a year ago, and after reading about what they did and more importantly the culture here, I knew that this would be a dream place to work. Although I had a few different offers to choose from following my time at Lighthouse, there was no question that Hootsuite was where I wanted to be.Like what you see?
During my time here I have been given many fun, complex, and challenging tasks to solve individually and with my team. From day one each one of my team members have been willing to take the time to answer any of my questions – they really made me feel like I was an essential part of the team. From this, I was given the confidence to contribute and make a difference on the project. I feel that being here, with this team, has truly grown me as a junior iOS developer and would absolutely recommend Hootsuite to any future co-op students.
We’d love to work with you. Speak to your co-op advisor and check out our careers page.