- Studying Computer Engineering at University of Alberta
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (May – Dec 2016)
- Joined the Ops Team
- Worked with AWS, Python, PHP, Ruby and more
- Connect with Umair on LinkedIn
His Key Contributions
- POCed and pushed Morgue, an outage tracking service, to the rest of the company with its own Terraform Stack and Ansible Playbook.
- Developed a centralized dashboard for the Ops Team in order to provide greater oversight into the company’s infrastructure.
- Developed a Python script that facilitates and ensures proper on-call rotation at hootsuite.
- Wrote a blog post on How to Reduce False-Positive Monitoring and Alerting.