- Studying Statistics at SFU (2015)
- Spent 8 months at Hootsuite (January-August 2014)
- Joined our Data Lab Team
- Worked with Tableau, Hive, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Worked with @andrewsclements, @AaronHeppleston and @elthue
- Continues with Data Lab part-time while at school
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Lead a project to build an automated dashboard provides HR the talent metrics numbers
- Implemented an LDM model, ETL graphs and built metrics, reports and dashboards.
- Supported our team in migrating dashboard in our 3-week transition from GoodData to Tableau
My ExperienceIt was around Hootsuite’s five year anniversary when I first discovered the company, coming across an article on Business in Vancouver. I then started doing some research about the company, and was instantly impressed by the amazing dashboard as well as the company’s rapid growth. Without any expectations, I found the “Data Science Co-op” job posting as I browsed through Hootsuite’s career page. I applied to the job right away, even though I was supposed to go back to school after my previous co-op term.
The work experience at Hootsuite has been great. Being one of the few people who don’t have a computer science background, I was a little concerned when I first started. However, soon enough the feeling was gone because everyone in the company is so friendly, supportive and encouraging. The way they treat me and the fact that they’re always willing to help make me feel like I’m actually a member of the team.
Hootsuite is absolutely amazing, and I really enjoyed my time here. If you love technology, like new challenges, and are willing to be part of the company growth, Hootsuite is the right place for you!